Bible Verse of the Day

Saturday, July 24, 2010

24 July 2010 - Special Prayer Requests


Healing

Wanda fell from her horse on Saturday before she put on her helmet and sustained a head injury.  Please pray for a quick and complete recovery.


Prayers for those for whom there is a need for a miracle or understanding of God’s Plan
Sam Bish – Age 9 – who has osteosarcoma, seems to be near the end of his time here on earth absent a God granted miracle.  God granted the family a miracle last week. Sam felt wonderful the entire week they were on his Make A Wish trip. He had no pain or discomfort and the family was truly able to make some wonderful memories that they will cherish for a lifetime.  On return from the trip, they found out his cancer has spread throughout his body including his lungs, left leg, hip, spine and pelvis area.  The extent of Sam's cancer is not curable.  He is going home to be with his family for whatever time remains here on earth, continuing to make memories as long as God allows.  Please pray for a miracle for Sam and his family, whether to stay or leave.

Jeffrey Hasara (age 16) has been fighting bone cancer for over a year now.  He may no longer be a viable surgical candidate, chemotherapy and radiation are no longer practical.  There are numerous tumors throughout his body, the one in his left arm / body area has grown tremendously in the last few months.  In the words of his father, Mark, “Now is the time to pray for miracles…”  Please do. 

We get our updates on Jeff from his father Mark, via Shredder Lynott: Mark just called me today, his has gained some strength, but the mass in his remaining armpit has grown.  Not a good scenario here Mel, this kid is in a world of hurt and the only thing the doctors say to do is pray, Hell of a thing, huh?  So please follow the doctors advice, and pray for young Jeffrey (16).  Shredder

In the mean time, we leave you with a letter Jeffrey wrote to his family and friends.  Please read and marvel at the great faith of this young man.

A letter from Jeffrey Hasara,                                                        

June 11, 2010
To my Family and Friends,

My condition has worsened considerably.  On about May 29 the tumor pain started to increase and became constant.  On the first of June I had my cancer IV injection port removed and spent the next several days in bed with pain on both sides.  I thought I would regain strength.  Over the next week my tumor (which had not grown since the priesthood blessing in March) has now tripled in size.  Cancer is truly overtaking my body.

Why are we on this earth?  To be tried and tested so we may come to know God and we may be found worthy to return to live with him someday.  Our faith is tried so it may be strengthened.  God allows us to be tested so we may more fully come to know him. 

Don't worry or be afraid for me.  Pray I might know God.  I don't believe anything could test my physical, mental, or spiritual endurance more than the experience I am facing now.  But now is not the time to worry about the outcome of whether I live or die.  Now is the time to praise God, to petition to see his face and know him better.

Over the last several days my tumor has grown to the point I can't be upright and support the weight without great pain.  I can only be up for about 5 minutes at a time.  The rest of the time I must be in a laying position.  I have been planning and looking forward to a trip to Utah since the first of the year.  I have felt this trip was important not only for my enjoyment but to witness to my many cousins, aunts, uncles and family how much God has done for me. 

When I was first diagnosed with cancer I was approved by the 'Make a Wish Foundation' to receive a wish.  I was told to wish for anything and to think BIG.  Over the next several weeks I had fun with friends and family thinking up bigger and bigger wishes.  It always surprised me how small people's imagination was.  I could not believe a thousand dollar shopping spree (or the like) was the biggest wish many of my friends could come up with.   

A couple of nights ago I was praying to Father in Heaven and asking to please just let me go to Utah and have some pain free time with my family camping and enjoying life.  Then whatever Gods wants I am ready.  As I closed the prayer my mother pointed out to me I was not thinking big enough.  Like my friends and 'Make a Wish' I was asking for a simple shopping spree when God stands ready to fulfill my greatest desires. 

I have been tried and tested and stand firm in my faith, willing to submit to all things.  What would you give to see God and know for sure you will live again through him.  After you have given all, would you be afraid or forget to ask to know God? It is time for me to ask that I might receive.

My prayers have been very different the last two days.  And I have received some direction from God.  First, I was told if the Mormon pioneers could cross the plains with their sick I certainly can find my way to Utah this summer to share my testimony personally with my family.  I believe this to be important and God will provide the way. 

Second, God told me again I am to live.  I will leave that in his hands.  After all, who would not give their life to see God's face and know he lives.  Yes, I am thinking big and know what ever God grants will strengthen my faith and help me to stand firm in the Gospel for the rest of my life.  More importantly, I know I have a mission to fulfill as his special witness to Jesus Christ to bring others home to our Heavenly Father. 

God lives and loves us,

Jeff Hasara

No comments: