Bible Verse of the Day

Thursday, December 16, 2010

16 December 2010 - Special Prayer Requests


In need of a miracle or understanding of God’s Plan

Todd and Kenny have both been fighting osteocarcinoma for over five years and have been told their time here on earth is nearing its end, absent a miracle from God. Both are ready to go home and leave the pain, but would like to stay. Please pray for them and their families.

Thanksgiving

Kyle Thompson, CPL USMC had apparently successful surgery on Thursday 16 December 2010, to remove blood in his right eye. The surgery went well, God willing tomorrow he may be able to see. He also had facial surgery to remove some more rocks from his mouth that went well. Please give thanks!


2 comments:

SandraJohnson said...

Hey Rodent King, my name is Sandra. I read several blogs on religion and prayer and I've i feel like I've ended up here once before. I ran across this prayer exchange website and I haven't had the chance to ask my Church what their stance is on it.

I'm a bit confused, I think that there are some benefits to a site like this but some Christians might find it questionable.

The website is http://www.prayermarket.com/.

If you're looking for a topic to blog about, I would be curious to hear your thoughts and know what your stance is on this type of prayer service.

I have your blog in my feed reader so i'll check back, God bless
Sandra Johnson

Hap said...

Sandra,

Most things that get people to pray are good. I am not sure that being paid to pray does much good for the person who prays. Much of the benefit of prayer seems to come through the impact on the person who does the praying. God knows what we need, we mostly ask to focus our thought, feelings and actions.

Is it bad? Probably not.

Would I use the service? Probably not.

Do I pray? Every day, many times.

May God bless you.

Hap