Bible Verse of the Day

Thursday, November 13, 2008

13 November 2008 - Special Prayer Request


Glenn Finch is back at work on a limited basis. Glenn has a new obstacle to overcome in addition to recovering from the brain injury sustained in his cycling accident. In his own words:

Well, if you ever reach a place where there is almost an acceptance of your personal/life circumstances... I thought I was there. I thought I had done a pretty good job of turning over to God the many circumstances in my life that were beyond my control, self limiting, and the many, many things that interfered with my daily life either physically, spiritually, emotionally or mentally. Then yesterday, one of my random Cat Scans revealed the presence of an aneurysm in my aorta that will require heart surgery in the next 6 months or so. Well, so much for being in a place of acceptance! This can't be happening. I thought I was being treated for a brain injury. I have come to realize that it is much easier to accept where God has you (and believed it is God-ordained) if you seem to be moving in a direction that you are ok with vesus these unforseen, life-altering surprises. This is definitely a setback in so many ways..... and a fresh reminder that I have so much to learn and so far to travel. And, I definitely understand that if I hadn't been in the bike accident, I would never have discovered the aneurysm and would have heaven bound sooner than anticipated. Thank you God for this gift! While I sojourn, please pray for physical and emotional healing, supernatural wisdom for my treating doctors, and for the peace that passes all understanding to cover and undergird me. Humbly..... my love and gratitude.... glenn

This is a major problem, yet if he had not had his accident, he would have likely found out about the aneurysm when it burst and he died. Glenn knows this, yet what a great deal of stress. Please pray for Glenn’s continued healing and trust in God.

No comments: